Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Resolution

I don't really make a resolution each year because I think it is pointless to try to do something you most likely aren't going to do.  Sure, I need to lose some weight, but I don't want to put this lofty goal out there and be disappointed when I don't reach it in the amount of time I think it should take.  So, this year, I did something different.  I made a goal to learn something I have wanted to learn for a long time.  I wanted to learn to knit.  I thought, knitting looks very relaxing and you get to make things that people will love.  Anyway, I was visiting with my awesome Grandmother a couple of weeks ago and she said, "Oh, that's easy, you'll be able to do that!" What encouragement!  She also gave me a book, an impromptu lesson, and my first set of knitting needles.  Needless to say, I'm hooked.  I only know one stitch, but there are tons of YouTubes out there to teach new stitches.  Here's one channel that I found: http://www.youtube.com/user/verypinkknits.  What am I creating this time?  Well, I started out with a scarf, naturally....
I also have a verse this year.  Psalm 19:14 says, May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my redeemer.  I often chastise my children for their attitudes and words, but rarely look at my own.  This is the verse I will be praying this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment