Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Casting Cares

I used to sing this song when I was little.  I sang it all the time, and I meant the words that I sang.  Somewhere along the line, the words didn't mean as much to me anymore. I don't know if they just became wrote, or if all the "stuff" in my life just kind of blocked them out.
I cast all my cares upon You
I lay all of my burdens down at your feet
And anytime I don't know what to do
I will cast all my cares upon you
Wow!  What a simple way for Him to say that he cares for me and will take my cares and burdens and shoulder them for me.  I let the devil gain some ground in letting him tell me that these words were insignificant.  These words are AMAZING!  They come from 1 Peter 5:7 where it says, "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."  You can sub "cares, worries, burdens" for anxiety, but anxiety fits for me today.  Like I said, such a simple statement.  It sometimes may seem too simple.  So, all I have to do is let him have it and he will take it over?  Yes, the key is, though, to not take it back.  I don't know about you, but anxiety can be suffocating.  We have people come into the clinic thinking they are having a heart attack and it is just anxiety.  It is not easy to let go when you are in the midst of anxiety.  However, just think of this simple verse and cast it onto the Father and he will take care of you.  One thing I have learned about the Father is that He doesn't just "say" things to say them.  He means these words and He WILL take care of your burdens.  I woke up with this little song in my head and I know that He put it there to remind me.  This was my favorite as a kiddo. Cares Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment