Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sleepless Nights

Do you ever have those nights where you just can't get comfortable?  Nights where you just have too much going on in your head to focus on sleeping?  I have recently been able to get great sleep with my essential oils, but last night was different.  When I slept, I slept well, but I really think God was wanting me to pray.  I would wake up with restless legs, or hot...I never get hot and something or someone would pop into my mind.  I would pray for them and immediately be able to go back to sleep.  I don't even really remember who or what I prayed for, that's God's job, but intercession is like that sometimes.  Sometimes not knowing what is going on or who needs it is ok.  The Holy Spirit was sent to us by God to intercede for us.  Romans 8:26 says, "And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness.  For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for.  But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. (NLT)  That helping us in our weakness can also be calling someone else to pray in the middle of the night.  I don't know why God would chose me other than I am willing, and weak myself.  I have no one else to depend on other than Him.  I have some amazing friends that will pray for me when called, so why wouldn't I be available to pray for them when the Lord asks?  I always think of what Jesus asked the disciples in the Garden of Gethsemane, Matthew 26:40 And He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, "So, you men could not keep watch with me for one hour?"  You see, the Lord had to come to these men 3 times and 3 times they fell asleep when he needed them the most.  I can't imagine the guilt that flooded these guys hearts.  The last thing that I remember before going to bed was thinking how unworthy I am of the Father's love.  Then to be asked to pray, to intercede, is such a privilege and a responsibility.  If you wake up in the middle of the night.  Listen.  There may be a reason.  If not, try some Peace and Calming.

No comments:

Post a Comment